GeoDrive Tires Review: Are They Good & Who Makes Them?

If you’re in the market for affordable tires, you may have come across Sumitomo GeoDrive Tires.

With their reputation for durability and performance, they are quickly becoming one of the most popular tire brands today.

But are GeoDrive tires as good as they claim to be? And who makes GeoDrive tires?

In this article, I will share my GeoDrive Tires Review – discussing who makes them to how well they perform on various surfaces – so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not these tires are right for your vehicle.

Are GeoDrive Tires Any Good?

Are GeoDrive Tires Any Good

GeoDrive tires are relatively new to the market, but those who have experienced their performance tend to be happy with them.

They are designed to be fuel efficient and reduce fuel efficiency loss; their tread design and compound also give them good on-road/off-road performance and safety.

In terms of durability, GeoDrive tires hold up very well under most conditions; however, they may not last as long in more extreme weather conditions.

Regarding pricing, GeoDrive tires tend to be on the lower end of the spectrum; they are affordable and offer good value for money. You can find them on sale at Walmarts, Sears, PepBoys, etc.

GeoDrive tires are a decent choice for those looking for reliable tires since they ordinarily come with a treadwear warranty of 65,000 miles.

Interestingly, this warranty also applies to H and V-rated tires (H tires can go up to 130 miles per hour, while V-rated tires can go up to 149 miles per hour.)

Important Note: The above review applies to those who are on a budget and want to purchase new GeoDrive tires and are confused about their money’s worth.

However, if you’re buying a used car or truck and the dealer is offering GeoDrive tires, it’s wise to request the dealer to put on a brand of well-known tires (Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone, etc.)

Otherwise, you may have to get them replaced at your own cost, and it’s not cheap to do so. It’s a common issue faced by many Toyota used car buyers.

Who Makes GeoDrive Tires?

Who Makes GeoDrive Tires

GeoDrive tires are manufactured by Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd, one of the world’s leading tire makers.

The company has a long history of producing quality tires that offer excellent performance and durability at an affordable price.

If you’ve owned a Volkswagen in past years, you may have noticed they used GeoTours tires manufactured by Sumitomo.

GeoDrive Tires Review: Why Should You Buy GeoDrive Tires?

There are three important reasons why I think you should consider GeoDrive tires:

Affordable Price

Let’s be honest; replacing tires isn’t cheap, and not everybody can afford to pay top dollar for tires.

With GeoDrive tires, you can get great value for your money and have peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is riding on some good quality tires.

Fuel Efficiency

GeoDrive tires are designed to be fuel efficient; this means less fuel consumption and more money saved in the long run.

While I’m not sure about the facts behind this claim, GeoDrive tires are made from a special rubber compound that helps improve fuel economy by up to 10%.

Treadwear Warranty

In addition to being affordable, GeoDrive tires also come with a treadwear warranty of up to 65,000 miles.

This means that your tires will last longer than their expected lifetime, and you won’t have to invest in new ones anytime soon.

Frequently Asked Questions

Are Sumitomo tires good quality?

Yes, for the price, Sumitomo tires offer good quality and durability. Their GeoDrive range of tires is especially popular as they offer good performance on various surfaces and come with an extended treadwear warranty.

Is Sumitomo owned by Goodyear?

In 1999, Goodyear and Sumitomo established a joint venture in Japan that saw Sumitomo take a 75% ownership stake in the company, with Goodyear having the remaining 25%.

Are Sumitomo tires Japanese?

Yes, Sumitomo is a global tire and rubber company based in Japan.

Are Sumitomo tires made in China?

Sumitomo group has two production facilities in China with a capacity of manufacturing 7.2 kilotonnes per month of passenger cars and light vehicle radial tires.

Are Falken and Sumitomo the same?

Falken is a sub-brand of Sumitomo that focuses on tires for passenger cars, light trucks, and medium trucks.

Conclusion

Overall, if you’re looking for an affordable set of good-quality tires, I’d highly recommend considering GeoDrive tires.

They offer great value for money and will provide your vehicle with the performance and durability it needs.

On the other hand, GeoDrive tires aren’t the best choice if you’re looking for top-notch performance on certain road surfaces, such as snowy or icy roads.

Leave a Comment